How to install .NET Framework 1.1 on Windows 7
The problem arose when I tried to install dotnet framework 1.1. When I tried doing that, the following error showed up.
RegSvcs.exe – No debugger found Registered JIT debugger is not available. An attempt to launch a JIT debugger with the following command resulted in an error code of 0×2 (s). Please check settings.
cardbg.exe !a 9×8e
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1(Service Pack 1) has resolved the issue. However, Microsoft does not provide download to standalone .NET Framework 1.1 installer that integrated with SP1.
To fix this, we need to follow the following steps, which is called slipstreaming. We need to sliptstream .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 into .NET Framework 1.1 installer, so that both the .NET
Framework and the Service Pack can be installed at the same time.
Follow these steps:
1. Create a new folder named DotNet in C:\ drive. (The path i used was C:\DotNet )
2. Download Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Redistributable Package (dotnetfx.exe). Make
sure the setup file is saved as dotnetfx.exe.
3. Download Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 (NDP1.1sp1-KB867460-
X86.exe). Rename the file to dotnetfxsp1.exe.
4. Copy both installation files into the same directory (i.e. C:\DotNet),.
5. Open Command Prompt as Administrator.
6. Change to the directory where the two installation files are stored, ie C:\DotNet.
7. Run the following commands one by one.
–> dotnetfx.exe /c:”msiexec.exe /a netfx.msi TARGETDIR=C:\DotNet”
Click on Yes and wait for this dialog which says installation complete.
–> dotnetfxsp1.exe /Xp:C:\DotNet\netfxsp.msp
–> msiexec.exe /a c:\DotNet\netfx.msi /p c:\DotNet\netfxsp.msp
8. Install Microsoft .Net Framework 1.1 with slipstreamed Service Pack 1 by running netfx.msi from the working folder.
Dotnet Framework 1.1 is successfully installed.